Monday, March 8, 2010

The Center of the Universe

My husband and I spent Sunday afternoon walking around our town. It was great, we took about an hour and a half and just explored this lovely town we have grown to love and call home! It got me thinking: Not many people know why Waltham is so affectionately called by us that live there "The Center of the Universe". I'll tell you why with my top 5 places I love in Waltham:

1) Joe Sent Me: This is a bar in "the Ham" that I have frequented quite often. It's on Main Street in the middle of town and I simply love it. The inside is nothing special, it's just our local neighborhood bar. Everyone has one and for me, it's Joe Sent Me. They used to have a bucket of beers you could buy and for some strange reason, Waltham has apparently prohibited that. LAME! But it still doesn't stop me from drinking a bucket throughout the night! This place has great food, good drinks, fun townies, and awesome trivia. Oh and it's exactly one block from my house, what more could a girl ask for?

2) Cafe on the Common: I stumbled across this gem last year and it has since become a meeting place for my prosepctive and current clients. It's a great little coffee shop that serves ice cream. Again, what more could a girl ask for? It's right in the heart of Waltham and you could hang out there all day long catching up on your magazines!

3) Biagio: Who needs the North End when you can get great Italian food right on Moody Street? Biagio is a newer restaurant on the Moody scene and I've only been there a few times, but every time I go, it's amazing and we have a fun time! We even had fun there the night we took my parents and my mom started crying in the middle of the restaurant because she was remembering the happy looks both my brother and I had when we got married and she was hoping my little brother would have that look someday when he meets a "nice" girl. Yup, that's Fancy for you (Fancy is my mom's nickname!). She's adorable and cries in restaurants!

4) More Than Words Bookstore: I just found this gem on Sunday during our walk. I had no idea it was in Waltham, but now that I do, I'll be spending some decent time there! We came across this store because I am obsessed with cute little shops that are not commercial. This is exactly what this place is. Nestled right in the middle of Moody Street, More than Words is a great little bookstore and cafe. I ordered a rasberry iced tea and started browsing. 30 Minutes later, I left with two books and wanted to come back for more!

5) Joseph's Restaurant: BEST.BREAKFAST.IN.TOWN. Enough said. Drive by Joseph's anytime on Sunday morning or afternoon and the line is out the door. What I love most about Joseph's are the customers and weight staff. The waitresses are these great little ladies who don't take nonsense from anyone. The people that come in are two kinds of people: Older people with families and hungover college students. It's awesome and we often sit and wonder what everyone did the night before that got them looking the way they do on Sunday at Joseph's! If you roll out of bed and throw on sweatpants, you'll fit right in at this place! They are GREAT!

So here's to you Waltham. I love living in your fun town and I look forward to finding more great places to go and things to do!

3 comments:

  1. Waltham....is truly the Center of the Universe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't only cry in restaurants I can cry where ever I am

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet - I figured how to follow a blog. I think you forgot to mention "In a Pickle" and the trails on Prospect Hill. Don't worry we'll do a picnic in the summer up there. I love the ham. We need to get involved in our town government like Parks and Rec. Tommy make it happen.

    ReplyDelete