Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Madness (from a Wife's Perspective)

I've lost my husband and I won't find him again until April. Why you ask? March Madness has begun! Now, I like to think I'm a rather modern woman and I love love love sports, but March Madness is a whole new level to me. I'm a huge football fan (GO EAGLES!) and I have never really done the whole basketball thing. So when I met my husband, I had no idea of this little obsession.

Here are the things I do know about what will happen this month in my house:
* A minimum of two brackets will be on my coffee table at all times with various amounts of crossing out and circles. Doesn't really match the decor, but I will be killed if I move it.
* Our DirectTV bill gets suspiciously higher in March and my husband has access to every single game available. Coincidence? I think not! Secretly buy the March Madness package without telling your wife? More like it.
* I lose all rights to my DVR and access to anything I love to watch. I am sent to the bedroom or office to watch my shows live (the horror!).
* The closer we get to Final Four, the more psycho my husband becomes. If I come into our living room to talk or god forbid ask questions about the game that's on, I get the hand and the look. You all know that look. It's the "why do you have to ruin my love of basketball with your girly questions" look.

I love my husband dearly, but I do count down the days until the Madness is over!

1 comment:

  1. I'd read this but I'm too busy looking analyzing my brackets watching the games....

    ReplyDelete